Thursday, January 9, 2014

2014 Home Goals, Part 2

I have had a running list for some time now but I thought it would be nice to add it to the blog along with some links to a few things that we've already done! I think I will make it a tradition to update this list at the beginning of each year. The Etc. sections just include all the things I would like to do at some point but that likely won't happen this year. This post includes the common areas, which basically just means the living room & kitchen.

Living Room:
Completed:
2014 To-Do:
  • GROUT!
  • Paint the beige beam dark brown so it will look more like wood again
  • Add new white baseboards
  • Add new properly installed crown molding
  • Replace the curtains with something white and maybe semi-sheer
  • Add a beadboard or paneled ceiling
  • Add decorative molding around mirror
  • Get a new loveseat or chairs or chaise for more seating (if I can ever decide what I want)
  • Replace gross old light switches with new clean ones
Etc.:
  • Replace the brass fireplace cover
  • Paint corner shelves white -- Angela did sand it, so it's ready for painting, but then I covered it with things and it would take lots of effort to remove those things, and, well, I'm too lazy for this right now
  • Clean up fireplace stone (cover it?)
  • Add more plants!! -- This will probably never really end until we have a whole forest in here, pretty much just like this

Kitchen/Dining: (Updated list from here)
Completed:
2014 To-Do:
  • Replace the crown molding in the dining room
  • Replace the brass 90s light with a more modern chandelier -- Something is in the works for this! We got a light from a friend who didn't want it and I'm going to paint it and see if I can get some prettier bulbs than the generic chandelier ones for it to see what I can do with it
  • Find hanging pot storage? I'm still hoping this can happen somewhere
Etc.:
  • Replace the kitchen-to-garage door with one that is fire-safe (and pretty)
  • Replace the old over-the-sink window with a greenhouse window; I didn't even know this was a thing until I saw one in Nick's parents' house and I love it!
  • Paint lower cabinets gray & upper cabinets white
  • Install a built-in storage bench in the bay window
  • Add matching blinds to the dining window? This is still undecided
Hallways:
Completed:
2014 To-Do:
  • Replace old crummy plastic handles on the built-in cabinet with pretty glass knobs
  • Sand and paint the built-in cabinet doors white
  • Finish the tree stencil
  • Add new baseboards
  • Add crown molding
Etc.: 
Entryway:
Completed:
2014 To-Do:
  • Replace the doorknob with a keypad lock
  • Add wall planters & plants
Etc.:
  • Replace the glass bricks with something from this century

No comments:

Post a Comment