Monday, May 13, 2013

Yellow!

The entryway to our house was brown, beige, and sooo boring. At first I thought, "I know what will make an impact! RED!" Technically I was right, but it was probably the most obnoxious use of red I've ever seen and clashed terribly with the lovely wood tone of the door. About an hour in, I couldn't take it any more and ran over to Sherwin Williams to pick something else. Scroll down to see the final result that we LOVE!

Before. Isn't this trim the most awful shade of brown you've ever seen? Sad, sad, sad.
Even one coat of white over that poo brown is a great improvement. And I will never get tired of painting over beige and off-white with clean, real white.
Getting better...
Yellow!
It looks so good with the door.
This is quite close to how bright it is in the middle of the day. So happy!
Nick even surprised me and replaced the doorbell! It looks like it's from this century now.
What I want to do next in here is get some colorful little wall planters and some pretty "drippy" plants that will hang over the front and sides. Like a plant-filled art installation. Here's an all-white version (via West Elm) of what I'm imagining. It will be awesome.


Paint colors:
Yellow is Sherwin Williams HGTV Home in Lemon Twist (Satin)
White is Sherwin Williams HGTV Home in Extra White (Semi-Gloss)

No comments:

Post a Comment