Monday, January 7, 2013

Chim-Chim-i-ney

We got our fireplace swept yesterday (so we can use it while we can since we only get about a month cumulatively per year) and while I was somewhat disappointed that a hipster showed up instead of a sooty charmer it did get me thinking more about covering up this ugly painted-stone behemoth with something I actually want to look at.

In looking at all of the options at Lowe's when we chose our floor tiles we both really gravitated toward this natural stone tile:


With some 18"x18" slate tiles on the hearth and a fancy wrought iron grate it will be perfect! And the Escape Gray paint we picked out for the living room will tie it all in perfectly. I'm not sure what we'll do about the gigantic blocky mantel (that someone painted white for a reason that is beyond me) but I am so excited about having an awesome fireplace!

No comments:

Post a Comment