Friday, May 30, 2014

Air Plants

I've been wanting to put plants in the entryway since I first painted in here. For Christmas this year, Nick's mom gave me this candle holder, and I thought it would be the perfect home for some cute plants eventually! We did light the candles a few times, but usually we forgot to replace the burnt-out tealights until we wanted to light them again, and it just ended up not getting used as much as I wanted to. I thought about tiny succulents, but I didn't want to try to cram them into too small of a space and not give them any room to grow. I came across an article with links to these air plants on Amazon, and I haven't seen any in my local nurseries, so it seemed like a good way to get some cool plants for cheap. (I also found the same seller on Etsy and they have a good selection there too!)



Air plants are really cool! If you haven't heard about them, they require no soil, just water and sun, so you can put them anywhere that gets good light. I filled our glass votive holders with pebbles and just have my air plants sitting on top of them. I mist them once or twice a week and soak them for half an hour every few weeks and them seem to be very happy!


They were shipped in individually labeled paper bags and were all in great condition. At least one of these is supposed to turn red when it's about to bloom, so I'm excited for that to happen! I love new plants, especially new kinds of plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment