Friday, December 27, 2013

Happy HOLLAdays

My Christmas cards may have been lost in the mail, but it didn't stop me from making the house festive this year, especially since last year we were right in the thick of moving and tiling at Christmastime. I dug up all the light strings I could find and bought several LED strings for the front yard and went to town making the house feel cheery. I may never want to take my living room lights down! They really make it feel cozy.

Our Christmas mantle. Eventually I'd like to knit up some nice stockings for us and the pup.
Presents!

I just love Christmas lights!

Our holiday welcome mat

This is an Italian stone pine tree we bought this year with hopes of re-potting it and using it every year for Christmas (with a cute dog standing next to it for size comparison)

This may not look Christmas-y, but Nick installed this nifty outlet beneath the flood lights out front so I could plug my Christmas lights into it! We only have a few trees wrapped this year, but I intend to add more lights each year and eventually have a ridiculously bright and awesome front yard.
Nick's mom gave me this lovely sconce for Christmas and I think it looks really festive. In spring I plan to replace the votive candles with tiny colorful succulents!

I hadn't made paper snowflakes in years and it was really fun to do again!

Google "auto-awesomed" this photo for me to make my Christmas lights on the tree outside sparkle!

No comments:

Post a Comment