Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Painting Party

First, gallery wall updates! We had another painting party with friends where we grilled a lot of delicious food, drank a lot of delicious beer, and made a lot of delicious beautiful art. Our gallery wall is expanding! Another few painting parties and I think we could have this wall filled entirely from top to bottom, which is really the goal for the entire house I would say! I love this wall so much.


Nick painted a few new ones for the wall. The circles are interesting but the octosquid is my favorite!



I only contributed one to this wall this time: a tiny little one.


Also I don't know if I ever showed off my very first Pinterest-inspired project: Texas!


P.S. Look! Grouted tiles!!! Baseboards are on the schedule for this spring!


Where I contributed more is in the guest room. I painted a couple of cute cacti with brightly colored edges and a colorful abstract. For a room made up of leftover bedding from college, a crocheted throw from grandma, and a borrowed bed I think it's starting to look not terrible!




Finally, we bought a few original paintings on canvas from a man at a fair when we went to Portland last November. I finally found some frames that would work for them and hung them in the bathroom. This is also a preview of what's happening in the guest bath right now! I only bought a paint sample in case I hated it so I didn't get to finish the room, but I was way too excited to hang some ART to wait for a whole room to be painted. Besides, how the heck do you paint behind a toilet??


No comments:

Post a Comment