Friday, September 13, 2013

From Grandma's House

Three months after falling off the blog train I'm back with a post I actually wrote in June but never posted! 

My parents were up in Ohio about a month three months ago clearing out tons of stuff from her basement, closets, cupboards, etc. No storage area was left untouched! When my mom came to visit me last weekend, she brought several of these things with her, and now we have all of these lovely reminders of my grandma around the house, which makes me really happy.

My grandma collected these chickens in every color!
This plant stand was in a box in her basement. It was clearly assembled at some point but I don't know if I ever saw it. Somehow every last little piece except a single screw end cap was still in the box.
We don't know who crocheted this afghan, but I love it! (We actually have moved this bed upstairs and now have a borrowed full-size in here.)
I'm somewhat concerned that this may be the beginning of a map collection. We already have an Austin city map hanging in the guest room and a world map that has yet to be hung up anywhere so if Nick isn't careful I might just sand down the walls and wallpaper them with maps when he isn't looking!
The globe is old enough that it still has Egypt shown as UAR and has a bunch of other interesting differences from how the world looks now.

I promise I won't disappear for another three months this time. Summer is ending and we've already taken our annual overseas trip, so we are gone for fewer weekends and there's finally time to work on house things again. Plus, I've started painting the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment